Old 07-25-2010, 09:07 AM
NikM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Default A study of Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL)

Dear All,

Let me introduce myself: my name is Nikita Mikhailov and I am a postgraduate student of Occupational Psychology or as it is known in US Industrial Psychology.

I am doing my study on the Multi Crew Pilot License. My study aims to research possible effects of MPL on Crew Resource Management (CRM), particularly Trans-Cockpit Authority Gradient. There is a lot of debate on this license; however, we currently already have MPL graduates flying as first officers in commercial airlines; therefore the question of the possible effect of the perception of MPL could have on CRM in my personal opinion as a passenger is very important.

So, dear readers, I am looking for airline captains to interview from Swiss, Lufthansa and other airlines which have MPL graduates; so, if anyone is one or has contact details of one, if you could pass the information about this study that would be greatly appreciated. Also, though my prime sample is captains, I still would like to hear everybody's opinions on the MPL and the reasoning behind it; after all, two heads are better than one. So, if you are interested in this study either to participate or just to give me your professional opinion, I would be more than happy to hear from you on this forum. If you want me to provide you with more information on the nature of the study, post it on this forum or just drop me a line in private.
The information provided on this thread will not be directly used in my study but may give me direction in some of my research. The information gathered from the interviews and emails will be kept confidential and in the published work no names or other information will be given to allow direct identification of participants. I will analyse the interviews by grounded theory approach in that I will identify the main points of critic and opinion of participants on the MPL, and based on previous research propose hypothetical effects on CRM. Upon completion of my thesis I will send it to all the participants and publish it on this forum.
My contact details: [email protected]

Sincerely yours

Nikita Mikhailov