Thread: CFI Ride Tips
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:58 AM
Ewfflyer
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
You've got to be kidding me. I hope this is flame bait. There are an infinate number of reasons you land with the props full forward. Not making the passengers nervous is absolutely retarded, and if you can't make a decent landing with them full forward there are bigger issues to address.

By the way... try pulling that in a turbo prop and see how ugly it gets.

Planespotta, nice work.
On Topic: Planespotta, congrats, now are you going to show up early this august to teach at PU, or you going to try LAF-Av?

Off Topic:

When I flew 135 freight, I never put the props up unless I was "inclined" that a situation was leaning towards a missed/go-around, or I waited until I was pulling the power all the way back. It works, it's nice, not much else to say about it.(I even left the mixtures back too!) Our Check-Airmen even encouraged it(one of the few things I actually agreed with)

Yes in the PT6's I fly, it's very easy as we leave the TBM's at full rpm(2000rpm), and the Meridians there isn't even a lever. I've flown Be20's, and PA31T's and yes I put the props up on short final as to not damage anything going into beta on the ground.

It comes down to knowing your aircraft, having the skills and technique to improve not only how you land, but how you get there also!