View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 12:32 PM
sigep_nm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by AVIVIII View Post
One of the things that I found is that the quality of the pilot after they left had a lot to do with their previous training. Also, like anything if you just go through the motions and don't take anything away from it, you aren't going to get anything out of it. It is unfortunate, but you can go through the motions and get away with it, but those aren't the guys that want to be a professional pilot. I figured that anyone that was posting here would have more respect for themselves.

Regardless of any of that, the biggest question was about their CFI program. I might be atypical, but just before I was supposed to start working for ATP in the office, I got a Job offer from a small airport back home. So I left the flat-land for my lake house in NH. I ended up logging 1400 hours dual given and signing off nearly 30 check rides in 2 years, everything from private to multi commercial and CFII, all except one passed on the first try.
Serious question, how much of that was training for an EXAMINER, and how much was it training for a rating. This is not a spite or a joke, but a serious question. It happens more than you think