Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 AM
4A2B
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by max8222 View Post
Capt and I just had our pairing revised to operate back from CDG to MEM instead of a DH. This is the 3rd time since march that this has happen. Capt said the same thing.

I think they are using these backend DH as stby crews. I wonder if the union tracks this. They should just build a stby period into the trip so I know that I should not bid it.

If I wanted to operate back I would have a bid a trip that goes back through MEM. I commute so it adds almost a day.

You do not see them changing many front end DH's to operate. Guess I will have to change my bidding.

Plus at the the end of a 15 day trip, so just want to get home!
Frustrating beyond compare! Unfortunately trip revision was given even more latitude in this contract and needs to be tightened up again, so tracking will only tell us what we already know: The Company is using everyone as in the field standby's, ones with back end deadheads are even more enticing since it leaves little or no back fill when they shuffle the pilots.

Make sure you file a pay log for disruption pay (loss of DH), nothing like a sharp stick to the eye after 15 days on the road.