View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 11:58 PM
favila008
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Default The Time is Now...

SkyHigh,

It also comes to my attention that an overabundance of money mixed with a dissatisfying career make for a bad combination. I agree with you, money facilitates life’s necessities. The thing about money, like CalCapt mentioned, is that once you have it, it’s not enough. As far as aviation goes, yes, it is a big risk, and one should be aware of the consequences. Like you so devotedly preach, one may never reach the top, but we at least have to give it a try. I believe that if you smartly walk into aviation, with a handy back up career, you cannot go wrong. I am currently at a point in college where I could easily continue with my career in Finance and try and forget about aviation, but deep inside me, I know I’ll never really forget aviation. That is a regret I’m not really ready to live up to. Life is full of little regrets that people make out of fear. It is that same fear that begins to make them bitter, because it prevented them from reaching their full potential, so they being inflicting that same fear upon others.

Like you previously stated, without money life does become difficult, and to some extent it’s hard to argue with you because the early salaries in aviation are extremely low, and maybe in unselfishness one could pick up a second job as a sacrifice for one’s pursuit of our dreams.

“The acquisition of money is essential for a happy, healthy, full and balanced life”. That life is not full and healthy without a proper and satisfying career. Does the man, who has millions in the bank and a high stressed life, live happily? Does his daughter live happy not seeing her dad, only in the end to see him in his casket when he dies? Is the money she’s left with, the true key to happiness? Is being surrounded by four white wall’s the true key to happiness? Is having a pool in my backyard the true key to happiness? Is having a Lamborghini, the true key to happiness? Is flying a B 777, the true key to happiness? (Everyone has a different perspective to what is happiness, those who have a hard time defining the true meaning of happiness for them, will for the most part pick money. This is because money brings to them many material things that they long to have, but sadly once they have these things, they realize that they need something else. Something to fill the void in their hearts, because they begin to feel alone in a world where everything, but true happiness are easily accessible).

I don’t know, but for me, having a loving wife, and a great career, is the true key to happiness. Money is an object, and if you are smart enough to see its facetious side, you’ll see that it is minimally needed to fulfill our basic needs.

Aviation may not make you a millionaire, but it fills one part, for true happiness in my book.

In the end, everybody is different, some need more than others. It is important to note that it is those who have it all that feel like they have a void in their hearts, and it is always those with less money, that feel like they need more money. The key is to balance the eying and the yang.

We only live once; we are not coming back in the future to give our dreams a try. The time is now….

Last edited by favila008; 11-26-2006 at 12:03 AM.