View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:12 AM
pilotgolfer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: A320 Captain

Skypest,

I was a 2007 new hire and I think we will be back in 1-2 years if all the stars align properly. I think mgt is in a hurry to get the Joint Contract signed so all the pigs at the feeding trough can get paid. If a Joint Contract can be put in place, I've been told it will generate about 600-700 recalls immediately due to the work rule improvements on the CAL side. Its anybody's guess if CAL will start hiring in advance of this. Theres no way to predict how many UAL furloughs will accept employment from CAL under the LOA. Personally, I am inclined to go to CAL if it is offered. I don't have a clue what life would be like on rsv in EWR on the 737, but I'd venture to say its no worse than what I'm doing now. I'd like to get the clock ticking on my longevity again. I think the 2nd year pay is around $52 and it goes to $75 in the 3rd year. Its only gonna get better with the new contract. I'd say 20% higher at a minimum and I wouldn't be surprised to see 30% improvements.

I would guess many of the UAL furloughs will stand on the sidelines and watch to see what happens. Many of the 1400 are back in the military or were lucky to find stable jobs elsewhere. I think there will be many bypasses till the ink dries on a contract.

I just pray that the MEC gets the SCOPE right. I don't see the 70 seaters being eliminated right away but I would love to see them die on the vine as the contracts expire.

Time shall tell.