View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:15 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by LuvJockey View Post
That's pretty funny right there, I don't care who you are. At 10 days of actual flying with a reserve schedule, you would have made at least $60,000 or $14,000 more over the last 7 months at SWA at 3rd year rates. Man, that type rating would have been $7,000. If you don't mind, I'd like to manage your finances. The only way that you could have made less at SWA is if you would have given away a huge portion of your reserve schedule, but then if that 6 days that it would have taken to get that type rating is too much effort, then maybe you would have actually made the same at SWA.

10 days reserve utilization at MINIMUM 6.5 TFP/day = 65 trips/month, plus approx 5 days/month non-utilization @ 6 TFP/day = 95 trips/month or 95 x $90 x 7 months = $59,850 plus per-diem.

It's not all about the paycheck, just being a good sport.

While we're talking paychecks, I know a SWA captain in MCO that made $39,000 last month...you guys win, your 747 captain made $40,000.
You do make more there, no doubt about that.

But there is two problems here:

a) you're comparing your current pay to our Chapter 11 pay which will change in two years. Go back to 2005 and you're looking at $135/hr for 3rd year 88 FO, $149 for the 737 and the work rules were much better, are you guys no Chapter 11 pay with those "high" rates? and

b) to make SWA 737 wages at SWA (for now more than DAL) would require me to be at SWA, with my only option to fly the same plane to the same 69 destinations until I retire with no option to change gears, if I want. Basically, Delta does what SWA does and more. Guess I never applied for a reason.

You're turn. and fwiw, when I say you're a good sport- I was not being sarcastic. You've bantered back and forth pretty well. I'm still not happy about the slot swap and the SWA PR irritates me, but, you've got a good attitude and in honor of that: