View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 AM
oncea57cap
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2010

Originally Posted by Monkeyfly View Post
Well, we all kind of knew/assumed about the Furloughees being recalled to the CAL side. But can you tell me why it was like pulling teeth just to get this relatively benign TPA? And why you have so much faith in airline management to all of a sudden have this done by Oct. 5? And whether you are willing to take my bet that it will not?
Well, it's easy for anyone to say now, "yeah I knew that too', but whatever. As for your other question, there are many reasons, but here is the most important. Normally, it is in managements' interest to delay a contract - for obvious reasons. Not in this case. In this case it may be best for us to wait a while. Here are the numbers. Conservative estimates of the net revenue synergy are 4 - 5 billion based on current economic conditions. If management gives the pilots a 25% rasie (not nearly enough or fair by any corporate metric) it is only 6% of that additional revenue. Now if you listen to top economists (not the talking head jackasses on CNBC) we are in a 1983 scenario - the beginning of a roaring economy (which, incidentally, management believes) then that additional revenue could be as much as double. If management waits and delays that would only cost them more as employees start to see the giant profits rolling in and demand more. So the JCBA will be complete unusually fast (that should raise red flags in and of itself), we'll get 25% and a stake in the new company, work rules will be restored, scope will be restored and management will laugh all the way to the bank. Fact!