Thread: CAL questions
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 AM
kc135driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by av8rrob View Post
I'll try to answer a few of the questions that I know (no promises though).

1. Long call reserve is bid for and only a certain # are awarded per base/seat. If you get a reserve "A" line, then your pay guarantee is reduced from 76 to 72 hrs. They can and will convert you back to a "B" or short call reserve a few times a month (but don't recall the ramifications). As a long call you are first to be assigned a trip in open time. Don't know about overnight call outs but my guess is they don't care and its your problem (so I would want to be within a resonable distance from base)

2. Retirement is a 401k (no matching unless lots of profit for the year) and a 12.75% B fund that is immediate and fully vested upon hire. Both funds are in a Schwab account that has almost unlimited options for investment.

3. Ewr 756 is very junior due to the junior flying being unproductive. Lots of 3 days trips to the UK and Ireland. 777 requires about %70 seniority system wide currently (but tends to vary).

4. Sick bank hours accrue at 5.5 hours (I think) per month and vacation is 2 weeks a year for completing years 1-5 then goes to 3

5. min days off 12 min pay for line holders 72 reserve "a" 72 and reserve "b" 76

6. not one to answer this question

7. Freezes are two years unless you are moving "up" the ranks (e.g. going from 737 fo to 756 fo)

8. I think you get 76 hours a month for new hire training...Plus you get free room and per diem for the ENTIRE time. That is from 1st day of class till sim check ride.

9. Yes and yes. During training if you have 48 hours off, you will get positive space tickets home

good luck
Thanks av8rrob