Old 08-05-2010, 02:46 AM
kc135driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

SoCalGuy-

I really think this all comes down to semantics. Our side (no I don't think Wendy is on record specifically saying the snapshot has been taken, yet) sees the definition of snapshot fulfilled, as defined by ALPA policy and EVERY OTHER merger ever done (I'm pretty sure of this, but somebody chime in if I'm wrong). For CAL to use any date after May 2 is just about as ridiculous as UAL using any date before and BOTH sides are smoking some serious crack if they think that anything other than May 2 will not create a major issue with the other. I'm NOT saying that both sides couldn't both agree on using something else, so long as it benefits both sides for some remote reason I can't think of.

I truly don't think either MEC is trying to be misleading. For the most part it sounds like SLI is on pause as they focus on the JCBA so this may not even be addressed for awhile.

As far as when they exchanged lists, don't think the exchange date matters, the lists were based on data as of May 2. Both sides have the same list and they are the same, with data from May 2. Not sure how one side could arbitrarily change either side at this point. Then again, I'm just a line guy and not a labor attorney.

If you hear a better explanation from your side please post it here. We'll do the same. Hope this confusion gets cleared up before it creates an issue. Both MEC's should be doing a better job being VERY clear on this issue. We all really need to be pulling from the same end of the rope going forward.

Fraternally-