Old 08-05-2010, 05:26 AM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

KC-

Thanks for the info/explanation. In the end, one things for sure....I'm sure we'll have to agree to disagree, thus tipping back pints from there

Originally Posted by kc135driver View Post
For CAL to use any date after May 2 is just about as ridiculous as UAL using any date before and BOTH sides are smoking some serious crack if they think that anything other than May 2 will not create a major issue with the other.
If it made ANY sense to use other than the 'M.A.D.' (May 3rd for the merger consideration), then how come during this transaction the Stock Prices used for the stock swap were not dated 'some other date' years back?? We didn't see them use some random date 'dated' two yrs ago when/if they were seriously speaking about merging when Larry was aboard. They used 'current stock numbers' from the Friday (2 days prior) prior to the announcment made Monday the 3rd.

REGARDLESS....We both know that your argument, and my argument are MOOT points. The Arbitrator can/will choose some date that 'he/she' (the panel) feel appropriate in this case, and so arbitration will go.....pretty simple.

Originally Posted by kc135driver View Post
As far as when they exchanged lists, don't think the exchange date matters, the lists were based on data as of May 2. Both sides have the same list and they are the same, with data from May 2. Not sure how one side could arbitrarily change either side at this point. Then again, I'm just a line guy and not a labor attorney.
Again....like you, "Just a Line Pilot here" In "Lee's" post above, it was cited the "New" Frag/Merger Policy (in which 'he' high-lighted in red) the 60 Day exchange of verification on the respective lists. In what I wrote following that post, I was pointing out that if this was the case per policy, it was NOT being followed if the two groups just met last week in SFO to exchange the verified lists as confirmed my CAL's MEC Chair two days ago....nothing more, nothing less.

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify what's been said/heard within your Camp....I was just doing much the same from what we heard first hand 2 days ago. I'm sure as time evolves, there will be plenty of rumor/speculation mixed in with 'facts' that are directly disseminated from our respective MEC's. As hard as it can be, I for one will try my best to listen to what the MECs say as far as fact, and attempt to stay away from rumor/myth/or conjecture!

Cheers....SC