Gets Weekends Off
EWRflyr
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2008
  • Position
    737 CAPT
Quote: I agree. It would have to be a sizable payout or a much bigger pay increase than the 25% that's currently on the table to give up scope, but I don't believe it ever came up. I think UAL guys would agree too. But once again, I don't believe it was ever seriously considered
Unfortunately, it's these "slight openings" that management sees and hopes for. "If we can pay off just enough guys, then we can get that scope relief." Your higher payout or payrate or whatever will be offset by all the junior pilots, myself included, who will be forced onto the street over greed.

I'm not saying that is your stance at all. Just using that statement as what management hopes for. Many senior people live in their small-picture world and could care less about the junior pilots if money is involved. I haven't met one yet that will admit to this thinking so I am cautiously optimistic that they won't fall for that ruse. Fortunately, we have two MECs that have to agree to let scope go out the window before it gets to a pilot vote and I just don't see that happening with UAL and CAL MECs given history on scope relief.