Thread: Cape Air
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Stringer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Originally Posted by VAviator View Post
Thanks for the info NightIP and robthree. I figured all that single-pilot IFR time had to look good on the resume, even if it is "just piston" (I hate that term.. most of these older piston twins take a lot more thought/care/effort than most anything I've flown!)

Right now I'm 17 hours shy of meeting ATP mins (lacking night and instrument time) and I'm not currently flying. My thought was to get myself current again and knock out that last bit of night/instrument while I'm at it to get myself up to ATP mins. But would it be worth it, or even necessary, to go ahead and get my ATP? A little strapped for cash, I really don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. Does Cape hire people at mins and then give them their ATP checkride? Or would I have to go the FO route?

Thanks again!
Hi,
I was hired at cape air back in Dec with 1491 hrs (obv no ATP). Lots of multi turbine, some genuine TPIC and someone walked in my app. I was amazed to get the call for the interview let alone get the job! Since then have been in the pool, diligently waiting. So I guess it's not all about the time, although getting that ATP will show a lot of will to get the job and might just bump you above the rest of the crowd.
Good Luck to you.
Stringer