Thread: MC-12 Flying
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:28 AM
asupilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B737 Captain

Originally Posted by Hacker15e View Post
No, Flight Safety (by company policy) will not allow military guys going through as part of the MC-12 course have their checkride count as an ATP or Type Rating if their commercial ticket has the CL restriction.

However, I have anecdotally heard of them bending this rule...just looking to see what peoples' experiences have been lately.

I wouldn't want to show up with the ATP written complete, only to be told that I couldn't have the checkride count for the ATP/Type because of the CL restriction.
Fellas, granted I went through back in May '09, I had the CL restriction removed at FSI, ATL. I asked about it and was told I'd need additional academics on VMC aerodynamics, etc. I was also told I'd need to have additional training in the sim as well as perform a VMC demo on my ATP checkride. Initially I thought I'd have to pay for it ($500 or so), but they hooked me up.

I've heard through the bro-network, however, that FSI may NOT be doing this anymore. I think within about two days of hearing that I heard they ARE hooking the AF bros up. BL: show up w/your ATP written complete and ask about the CL restriction removal. Even if you have to pay for it it's worth it to get an unrestricted (single pilot) type rating on the BE300 and your ATP.