View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Horizon513
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: Beechjet F.O.
Default Jump seat Question (from a non-pilot)?

To many of you all this will be a dumb question, and I frankly have searched through the internet and this forum looking for the answer, but a dumb question is still a question and needs an answer.

A little background just to see where i'm coming from:

I am not a pilot, currently about to start college and heading down the road for either AFROTC or Air National Guard, either way going through the military to get my now 1500 hrs. I am also a big flight simmer, using VATSIM to practice communication and following SIDs and STARs. So I know enough to skim the service about aviation in general.

I have a family friend who is a Delta pilot, my dream would be to ride jump seat in the cockpit, does anyone know is this is possible or if it has ever been done? I know with security these days everything is difficult and tedious. Previously I was set-up to get into a simulator but events unrelated prohibited us from making it there.

To pilots within the industry, this is probably a no brainer. Sorry if this has been asked before but i searched long and hard with no avail.

Thank you for your help.
Horizon513