Thread: Looking Back
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 08:42 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Airhoss View Post
I just spoke to a pilot who's wife is a PHD in international relations. She applied at over 40 universities for a teaching position she was finally hired in Maine and that position had 150 qualified applicants all vying for the same job. It's not just aviation.
I know a 10+ year experienced lawyer who has spent time as a Maryland States Attorney, a Special Assistant (Contract Attorney) to the MD State Attorney General, has a year's employment with a DC law firm, and just got off active duty as a Navy JAG with time spent as a Defense Attorney and the legal advisor for the NCIS Pacific Region.

She is TRYING to get a job with a local DA district in OK and has basically been put at the END OF THE LINE behind a group of INTERNS who haven't even taken and/or passed the bar exam yet. IF this person happens to land this job it will be for a starting salary of $37,500.

I often hear advice on this forum to go to law school; because just like every pilot makes $150,000/year - we all know of course that every lawyer makes in the high 6 figures $$$ too - right?

USMCFLYR

Last edited by USMCFLYR; 08-08-2010 at 09:07 AM.