View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 09:44 AM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
Don,

I just knew it would happen eventually. It's hard to believe, and I've gotta keep pinching myself, but for once, I actually agree with you (not about the Atlas purchase, but for the rest of your response.) I'm making an appointment with a psychologist, first thing in the morning.

I agree that none of these airlines have anything that FedEx (or UPS for that matter) needs. Routes? Nah, we've already got the vast majority of the ones we want. Pilots? Nah, We'd just have to retrain them to fly the jets like our standards department wants them flown. It's easier to train new guys than to untrain already trained guys, then retrain them. Airplanes? It seems illogical to buy an airline just for its jets. We can probably get the jets from the desert much more cheaply, without the headache of all these new crews and other overhead. Frankly, if it weren't for the routes, the Flying Tigers buyout and merger would never have happened. There's still guys on the property who wish it hadn't. And that includes both purple guys as well as silver guys. Life is so strange, but through it all Don, your sister still is HOT!

Is that sarcasm about having to retrain pilots? Wasn't there somehting a while ago about prurple and brown looking for guys with heavy/int'l time?

Is it really easier to try an RJ guy with glass/FMS time, and C-17/5/141 guy, or even a single seat fighter guy with NO ailrine or multi crew expereience than somebody who already holds a type rating an something like a DC-10/MD-11/747?