View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:43 AM
JetDaily
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: Sitting down and facing front in a plane

Originally Posted by skypest View Post
It was not the United Pilots contract that put United into bankruptcy.

Bankruptcy was strategic and opportunistic on the companies part (have you not seen the interviews with the companies attorneys?) with the gutting of the employee contracts/pensions an added bonus.

While the pay rates of C2000 may not be achieved through the current negotiations; I fully expect all previous work rule and overrides to be restored.

I personally have no wish to be "The Highest Paid" in the industry. Just very close to that.
Didn't say it was THEE thing that took them there, but it was one of the reasons. If you can't understand that, you're not really a serious player in the discussion.

You really expect UAL to go back to allowing wide-body captains to work 5-6 months out of the year and pay them over $300K/yr? What color is the sky in YOUR world?

Here is what I envision: UAL is going to pay pilots a premium to fly overseas, fly at night and work long duty days. AND THAT IS APPROPRIATE, because pilots produce heavily and sacrifice by doing so.

Finally, you say you only wish to "be close" the highest paid in the industry. Are you willing to be "very close" to the most productive and efficient? I would submit that most UAL pilots could not handle the pace at a company like SWA. Many have had the opportunity to go over to SWA during the last decade (and some have) but most chose not to because they wouldn't like to work that much. JMHO.

Jay Dee