View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Wuzzo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by AdzyQ12P View Post
thats not the answer I wanted to hear, but I guess thats what it is. How exactly do they prosecute people who say they havn't done drugs within 2 years even though they have, and what is the penalty? (not that I will do this im just curious in the legal aspect.)

By the way what I wanted to do was go to college for aviation, so that suggestion is kind of out of the question.
That's what's called a "consequence." Consequences teach us lessons.

That you're trying to figure out how to avoid the consequence suggests that you haven't learned the lesson.

The Class 3 is more "lenient," but the questions are the same, I believe. The FAA keeps records forever (I just requested my FAA records and they had my original Student Pilot license/Class 3 from wayback).

Your options are below. Each have risks and consequences.
- Tell the truth, apply anyhow, and then explain to the FAA and the school you're applying to how you've been clean a whole month and have become a model citizen in that time.
- Wait 2 years, find something else to do during that time, and then pursue aviation. Expect that the question may come up with a longer timeline some day, btw.
- Lie. Pull your integrity circuit breaker and lie. As you're applying for your first and subsequent jobs, wonder if an old smoking buddy of yours who now is angry with you for something you've done (or he/she thinks you've done) is going to drop the dime on you. Or maybe he/she gets contacted for a future employee's background check. The good thing about this option is that next time you need to lie, it will be a lot easier.

Employers have a special kind of love for liars, btw.