View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:37 PM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

"ANYTHING can happen in Arbitration"
Capt. Jim Brucia (May, 2010)

The quote says it all for me.....plain and simple. When in doubt, just refer to the first word in his quote.

Trying to guess on how an Arbitration Panel is going to rule on a future SLI is like being able to predict when "Green" will come up on the Roulette Table during your next Vegas overnight!! To get wrapped up/side tracked in speculation/hypothesizing only detracts from the task at hand that 'officially' started last week, the JCBA.

Respect to the "OP" (Skypest)....I realize that it's a very sensitive topic, and one that many of us have major concerns/worries about, far from discounting your discussion. One thing's for sure, we'll have PLENTY of time to layout thoughts/idea's on this topic after we secure the JCBA that we/& the industry deserves

Flew 3 legs yesterday, predominately through UAL 'country'. We had 4 UAL JSer's (FO/School House instructor, Senior WB CA, 2 Mid-Junior Bus FO's) who sat up throughout yesterdays pairing. Having had the chance to speak with them face-to-face regarding our common concerns/wants/needs during this JCBA negotiation was reassuring. One mantra that rang loud and clear across the board was to hold the line HARD on SCOPE....hands-down (Even the Senior WB CA who's less than 12 months from being 'out the door' voiced this need loud and clear). During the leg with the UAL Instructor, there was also an AA B777 CA who was in the other JS listening to the discussion. His words were pretty sobering when he pointed out that OUR opportunity is like the Perfect Storm that only comes about every 50 years, and this JCBA is just that, not only for the New UAL pilot group, but the entire industry landscape.

I'll be the first to admit when it comes to the SLI considerations, there will be 1000+ ideas on how 'it should' go down. My only hope is that there is ONE STRONG voice from both pilot groups when it comes to voting on this JCBA when (or if) it's handed down by our respective MEC's.

Apologies for the thread drift......continue with the topic at hand.

Last edited by SoCalGuy; 08-17-2010 at 01:09 PM.