Thread: Asa Job
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 09:18 AM
duvie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: WB Bunkie

Originally Posted by N6724G View Post
ASA is my dream airline veacue I am a native Atlantan and really do not want to move. AT first I didnt want to be an airline pilot because of the low pay, but its only for a year. I cansuck that up. Heck, if I can do a year long tour in Iraq I can deal with one year of low pay. I understand what some people think though. Trust me, I am 37 years old had plenty of professional jobs in the past so I am not stary eyed
ASA is slowly being eaten by its parent Sky West. I don't know if ASA will even exist in the same way it does now in the near future. If ATL is your dream I would suggest Making friends with AirTran guys. I have a friend who just got hired on there after working for ATA. He loves. AirTran is a relatively stable and well run airline. You'll probably have to work for another regional to get the time first, but I don't think ASA is the way to go. There may not be alot of upgrading and I think alot of the flying will be taken by skywest, especially now that they have been awarded old Comair flying. Their presence on the East Coast is becoming solidified.