View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Soyathink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by brownie View Post
Don't forget that Davis is not only ups ceo he is also board of director at HP and head of board of managment of casey foundation and he has a pay raise of 650% over next 3 yrs and you still want me to keep going??. Having all those position and more millions rolling in who needs company jet or a brown rolls royce. Plus i think Fred is worth every penny he gets since he started fdx and it's his baby but Davis has done ZERO contribution to ups but plenty to his employees, don't forget that since he's been ceo there have over 30000 layoffs which is historical at ups.
You forgot Overseas Partners.

Welcome to Overseas Partners Ltd. - Homepage

Davis was the CEO there. I got my OPL stock at 25 cents a share way back when (83-84). The final distribution was about 54 cents a share in 2007. I should have sold it at it's high around $6.00 a share. He took it over then it became liquidated not long after.

I agree the guy should not be CEO of UPS but it is what it is. The guy has never been in package operations with UPS. He is a finance guy that came to UPS from IIMorrow. He never slung a package in his life.