Thread: MC-12 Flying
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:09 PM
dtfl
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Work

Originally Posted by Wuzzo View Post
, but CCs worth their salt will support this if they can.
IF THEY CAN.....yes...but in this day and age its not that easy. As a CC I know. I sort of disagree with your statement above...do you know what is involved in deploying a unit? Taking care of a 8-10 AC PAA unit? Probably not. After thinking I edited this..at first it irritated me to be honest...you have to understand in today (At least USAF) Reserve units....it would hurt the unit as a whole to let a guy, especially a decent pilot, go to one of these tours. If the USAF was serious about this they'd man the frickin plane vs taking the cheap/easy road and thinking they can just throw MPA days at it. If I have bums who need pay, I make sure they get work...in my wing.

I came from AFSOC..I understand special missions and I am CC of a flying unit that deploys quite often. I support my folks as much as I can but the needs of my unit come before the needs of a MC-12. (Whose mission, BTW is nowhere near as glamarous as people make it out to be). I have had guys ask me about the RCs at Hurlburt and I told them I would allow it if it was not a conflict with our tasked deployments. But guess what...6 months of training and deploying IS a conflict with any unit these days