View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Homa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: 737 right seat

Back in '03, there was a high-speed chase in Boise that ended up at the airport. The suspects (a married couple) ended up getting into a shoot-out with the cops about 100' from the tail of our airplane (SKYW Barbie Jet). Anyway, they were both fatally wounded. The crime tape ran underneath the tailcone, but I could still access the hellhole hatch for my walk-around. It was just weird to get a call in the hotel lobby from dispatch asking us to get to the airport as quickly as possible. We had to inspect the plane for possible bullet holes. Luckily none were found and we ended up moving the plane to another gate. Of course, we also had a Fed in the jumpseat to add to the fun. It was one of those weird experiences. Other than the dead woman on the tarmac with the blue tarp on her, the other thing that I remember is their minivan with flat tires and one of the airport gates on top of it (big tire and everything). Apparently they busted through and the gate flipped up and landed on top of the van. They continued the chase down a taxiway with that thing on top of the car. As a side note, they ended up finding some bullet holes on the vertical stabilizer of a Northwest Airlines Airbus.

Thought I'd share since this story reminded me of my own.