View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 05:01 AM
scrapdog
Smells like teen spirit

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Mil and Civ

Originally Posted by krudawg View Post
[/color]

Well Sir, I served a Combat tour in Vietnam and I STILL have absolutely NO respect for you or anyone like you who hides behind a federal law and sharpshoots the system at the expense of others. If you are one of those MIL Pilots who respects their co-workers, bidding what their seniority will get you and sucks up the crappy trip or the holiday to perform your military duty, you are NOT a target, you are a great guy and deserving of my respect. BTW, thank you for your service.
Now, can we please lock this thread and stop the whinning.....please for the love of mankind and humanity itself
Sorry charlie - I'm not hiding behind anything, nor am I abusing anything. I serve my country when my unit needs me and I take military leave to do it. That includes everything from deploying on long or short TDY's to one or two days here and there to keep all my required currencies. I've done it in the past and I will continue to do it. It's my right as a military member AND it is my duty to be the best fighting/training aviator I can be. I owe it to my country to be ready and current at any point my government needs me. That includes balancing military duties with airline flying.

When I take military leave, I AM always on military duty. Don't you dare call me a "sharpshooter" or whatever other garbage you think is fitting. You have zero clue who I am, nor do I with you. If my unit needs me to deploy or fly over a holiday, you bet your a$$ I'm going to do it to support whatever mission is required of me. If they need me on a Wednesday in August, I'll do the exact same thing. I don't discriminate on which days I take mil leave...I do it because that is my duty.

You want to make this personal, be my guest. My integrity is solid as a rock and I'm proud of all I've done - from my days at the Academy to now as a major and USAF flyer. Never once have I cheated or taken the easy road on any task, and I say that with the upmost sincerity.

I'll gladly welcome any of your further spears...by all means fire away (even if you still have "NO" respect for me).