View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Going2Baja
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Driving to work & Looking Left @ the Surf!!
Question Furloughed - Now Where?

Hi All, 1st time post - Great website. For this post I'm really looking for info from active Fractional/Charter Pilots that can give insight to the world of Charter flying.

I did some charter with my CFII/MEI who was a charter pilot in the late 80's and I liked the fact that the a/c were new and the destinations where always changing. The waiting around at FBO's and not knowing when you get home got old after a while but that's the nature of the beast I think.

I think I may have to work on my currency a bit as the last large a/c I actually flew was with Skywest in Oct 2000. Leaving there for NWA I had 7000 TT, 2000 Turbine PIC (EMB-120), 6000 MEL. I spent 1 1/2 years sideways on the 727 for 520 FEX hrs and now I'm back in the game with +/- 75 hrs Piston SEL C-207 in the last year flying Eco-Tourists down to Baja Mexico (yes it sounds fun and it is, but I need someone to show me the $$$

I'm starting to work some leads at my local airport in So Cal for some right seat jet time.

Would you stay in the charter world or try to get with a Net Jets/Flex Jet ASAP? Also anyone in a position of hiring in the So Cal area I'd be happy to hear from you as well.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and reply.

Tim.

BTW - Low time pilots looking to build time flying SEL to Baja, please PM me if interested and living in the San Diego area.