Thread: Delta Bases
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by slowplay View Post
Our actual mainline fleet count will stay relatively static over the next couple of years, as there are still about 12 DC-9 30/40 series and I've heard 3 757's (lease expirations we weren't able to keep) to be removed from Delta's active fleet through January. Those will be offset by the remaining MD-90's and desert returns to active status. I haven't heard of any 88's planned for permanent fleet removal. Delta will have a whole bunch of aircraft mod lines running for the next few years (winglets, AVOD, and lie flat seats) that will pull active aircraft off line for significant periods of time.

50 seat RJ's and Saab 340's continue to be parked as their leases expire.

If the economy continues to improve and revenue stays strong, pilot block hours should go up substantially during high seasons. As Steve Gorman said some months back, Delta would like to increase the fleet size of the MD-90. Purchase to "in service" for those aircraft takes some time, as they're almost all being flown in active service by their current owners.
I agree that is the plan that they stated at the investor call last month.

As for the 757's, this is true and some of the older NWA 757's will just simply time out and need to be retired in a few years (2015 or so)

Yes, block hrs will keep increasing. I am quite curious to see the yoy increase for summer 2011. I know it should be out shortly.