View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Originally Posted by UNDGUY View Post
UND's website says to follow the application instructions on Piedmont's website. Piedmonts website just gives an address and a fax number. Also, their website doesn't indicate they are hiring pilots. Does this mean they are done hiring or does it mean they are only hiring UND people.

I also have some questions about this "hard" test that Piedmont gives at the interview. Is it basically just questions from the ATP written? Any help on specific areas to concentrate on would be great.

Lastly, this AQP program that Piedmont runs for training. How far in advance do they give you the information to study? Do they give you specific items that you have to know, or is it very broad and just like sending you a copy of the ops specs and the aircraft manual? Do they send a poster of the dashes that they fly to practice flows and procedures? I read on another thread that you spend 2 days with an instructor in the actual airplane learning procedures. I assume there must be some CPT or sitting in front of poster involved before going out to the actual airplane. I am pretty good at learning on my own, but that seems like alot to ask of someone who has never flown that type aircraft if they don't allow time for some CPT or chair flying.
You're over thinking the process. Worry about getting hired, before worrying about CPT or chair flying the Dash... I'm sure that there's plenty of time and opportunity to learn the systems and figure out the flows. Don't know about the sitting in the actual plane, but if that's true it could very well be the "CPT" portion of the training (I do know that they have a MX base in SBY).

I know several UND grads (10+) that have gone to training at PDT. None of them have ever had any major issues.

As for the hiring thing, talk with Ken Polovitz (or better yet, Idona) about what the current status regarding hiring is. I imagine that they keep a relatively good line of communication going.