Old 08-24-2010, 07:16 AM
Dan64456
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by waflyboy View Post
High five man.

I'll admit that I sometimes miss the "crew camaraderie" and the satisfaction of a well executed approach and landing. But I still think that those who are taking the regional airline path today are entering a thankless career that will only satisfy the one selfish desire to fly an airplane.

Life is so much more enjoyable when you return home at the end of every day, don't have to pack a suitcase or "list for the jump seat" to go to work, and when you can be there for your loved ones just about all the time.

One last thing: my back never felt this good when I was flying the CRJ!
I'm tellin ya guys.. even tho the pay sucks for pilots and upgrades are stagnant these days - working the corporate grind sucks. I've been doing it for almost 6 yrs now and you want to talk about thankless? At least sometimes the people in the seat next to you are on YOUR side. It's not like that in corporate. Most are looking to stab you in the back for their own gain. And those greedy fools in management? Well you have to be their direct servants and see them every day in an office job. It probably goes something like this - people that worked a 9 - 5 for 5 - 10 years love the pilot job when they change careers... people that always worked as a pilot love the 9 - 5 when they change careers. It's always wanting what you don't have... kinda like when you are in a serious relationship and see a hot girl at the bar staring at you.