View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 12:11 AM
palgia841
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: CRJ left

MEM_ATC

You already admitted to being an unprofessional controller on your other post. Admitting to having "favorite" airlines and giving preferential treatment to them is about as unprofessional as it gets.
Now, you may like SWA because their peanuts taste better and make them their #1 choice when traveling. That's fine. BUT giving them any sort of preferential treatment is just plain unprofessional AND in violation of 7110.65.

I worked ATC in the past and I know first come first serve doesn't always apply. But sequencing aircraft based on your airline preference is definitely NOT the way to do it. As a controller you are given a lot of latitude in terms of managing your sequence, but you should not abuse that power and give preference to a certain airline. I FEEL I AM PREACHING TO THE CHOIR. YOU KNOW VERY WELL WHATS RIGHT AND WRONG. All the examples you listed above are fine and completely normal. What you listed on the other thread wasn't. And you know that very well...

I truly hope av8r4AA is exaggerating and that not all controllers are like you at your facility.

Last edited by palgia841; 11-29-2006 at 12:22 AM.