View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 12:47 PM
izanti
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2010

Have any of you worked on the NASCAR Flying Circuit? These guys fly more than the airlines, each team typically has a FLEETof aircraft ranging from lears to 727's that are always flying. 7 accidents in 40 years is nothing but should Rousch have is licensed removed? Maybe and at least reviewed but I have been on the ramp with the guy many times and I would say he is questionable as a competant pilot. Hes what we call a money pilot, not a born pilot. He flies because he has the money and wants a mathing P-51 and a (deceased) Premier. Rousch can blame the tower for his accident but last time I saw him at the bar he wasnt exactly 8 hours bottle to throttle the next morning during race week.

As much as these guys fly they are certainly paying for a lot of the FAA's expenses. Ever been to an airport the week of a NASCAR race, especially Daytona? It makes JFK look slow and with as much fuel as they buy they are the ones boosting the economy. If there are some Xjet charter pilots on here then you know what I am talking about.