Gets Weekends Off
Dash8widget
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2008
  • Position
    SLC ERB
Quote: As a mil guy with zero airline experience, can someone give me a good idea on what a "typical" NYC M88 junior reserve month might look like? What about one of the most junior lines?

Also, when you sit long call, is that a 12hr or 24hr stint? I assume you're in crew rest as soon as you accept the call, and then your duty day starts at check in, right?

Thanks for helping fill my clue bag.
Reserve is bid through PBS now - so basically you put in preferences for days off and it builds you your line (there are a few different ways to put in your preferences - you should learn in indoc. Bidding for reserve guys is pretty straight forward). You will have 18 on call days a month. For domestic categories you can have up to 9 days on call in a row - this can be popular with commuters since you could possibly do all your reserve in two 9 day chunks. The minimum is 3 on call days in a row. So, as you can guess, there can be quite a variety in the different reserve lines awarded. As soon as you get your DeltaNet access download some of the bid awards - that will start to give you a feel for what you can expect.

Yes, long call is 24 hours and you are put on rest when you are assigned a trip - like you said.

Welcome aboard!