Thread: Great Lakes
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 01:52 PM
JetJock16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SkyWest Capt.

Think about it. The first year you’ll be lucky to break 17K with per diem. As CA you’ll make less than 30K. Why settle for Great Lakes? Are you in that big of a hurry that you can't wait a few more months and get on with TSA, Colgan, Piedmont, Mesa, PSA, CommuteAir or any other of the low quality regionals out their. At least with these low quality regionals your making over 20K the first year with CA pay WELL ABOVE 40K. I don't care how bad I wanted a job I still wouldn’t work for that amount for that airline. Plus you’re not even flying a Regional Class aircraft. 19 seats, no FA, no LAV, no AP and the 1900 is a glorified King Air.

If you go to Lakes then your showing all pilots that you're one of the "Newbie’s" that's willing to take anything and assist the airlines in bringing down pilot pay and quality of life. Have more repect for yourself and your profession. Don't do it!

My best advice is; wait and get on with a good regional: SkyWest, ExpressJet, Horizon, Air Wisconsin etc. If your in a hurry and can't wait for the good ones then don't go any lower than the bottom feeders: TSA, Mesa, GoJets and PSA.

Good luck and be careful!!!!