View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
You're kiddin', right?

You start out with a deadhead in an America West CRJ 900 -- 5+27 block time is more like 6+15 in the seat. (The last time I took that flight MEM-PHX, they left bags on the ramp because they were too heavy - - in the winter.) (OK, it's not America West anymore, it's US Airways... well, techincally it wasn't and isn't either - - it's MESA.)

Then you put your uniform on ten times in five days, with four legs on the last day.

Then curl up for another 4+39 block in the Canadair torture device.

No thanks.

Tony,

Actually, I commute out to FAT through SEA, where I stop for a day or two to see friends and go Porsche riding and Kyacking, then its Alaska Airlines down to FAT for the week of work that starts on Tuesday. It's never more than one leg to a hotel, with each leg being no more than 30 minutes. Then on Saturday morning, after a good nights sleep, we leave OAK for FAT and another hotel. I choose to instead, get on a flight out of FAT that goes to LAX, then home. All commercial legs are in first class. As well, each leg we operate is catered. The major problem with this pairing is that you get way too much sleep. and unless you watch what you eat, you could put on a few pounds each week.

By the way, you must live in Mempho. I say this because you guys always take the "scheduled deadhead." Just so you know, there are other alternatives, which can provide better and even cheaper fares, not to mention a better deadhead experience.

As well, let's not forget that I'm not into building flight time (in case I can get hired by an airline), and so I prefer to fly short, one leg flights, in the daytime, that allow me ample rest and the ability to along-the-way, visit with friends. To each his own said the farmer kissing the cow. I only showed this pairing so that Razor could see that there's a big difference is pairing construction at FedEx. By the way, do you like my new Avatar? I'll keep it till my wife stumbles across it, and then it'll have to go.

Last edited by Jetjok; 11-29-2006 at 04:43 PM.