View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 02:20 AM
whitt767
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: 7ERB

Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
Delta's in bankruptcy, that's what gives. They got to void their contracts which is allowing them to recall at less $, and they don't have to pay the bills until the emerge, which I'm sure management is postponing as long as possible to pump up their bonus' for leading the company through and out of chapter 11.
Wrong. No pilot contracts were voided at Delta. DAL is flying 80% loads and needs more pilots. A new hire staff is assembling and will begin the process this spring.
I think the whole bankruptcy deal was just to renegotiate all their contracts and debt, as I am not sure how a broke company can purchase 13 new jets and expand?
Correct. Bankrupcty is for renegotiating debt. The 15 B-757's are leased, not purchased. The creditor's committee was asked and approved the deal.
Plus there announced expansion is taking on the LCC's head to head....
NOT. For better or worse, DAL is expanding overseas, not head to head with the LCC's.
If I was a Delta creditor, I'd vote for the USAirways buyout - at least I know I'll get some of my investment back.
Investments are about risk and return. IF the creditors decide that they can make more money by rejecting the USAIR deal, then they will.
Not sure if that plan is better for the pilots or not though.

The USAIR hostile takeover plan will not benefit either pilot group as a whole.