View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 06:48 AM
PilotJ3
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by Fly Boy Knight View Post
That's what I did when I was still a student and until I had the 500 XC hrs for ATP, I kept two separate columns in my logbook to note the difference, one for point to point and the other for >50NM. That way, I could track my XC time for Part 135 Mins and still track the XC required for ATP. Now that I have reached 500hrs XC for the purposes of ATP (and I have all my other pilot licenses) I just track point to point. When asked on my ATP 8710 to list my cross country time, I will simply put 500hrs and show the examiner the last page of my >50NM XC column where is says 500hrs and be done with it! Claiming more time that the min requirements is an added bonus where if you lost your logbook, you could retrieve more of your lost time via the 8710, you do not HAVE to put you most up to date times as long as you still meet the min requirements.

In my case I have about 690 X-country time (from point to point) but I'm sure that at least 575 X-country are more than 50nm...so not big. Just like everything else...keep a good situational awareness with your logbook.

Last edited by PilotJ3; 09-03-2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Personal information