View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Waves
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: SLC 767ER Captain

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Waves,

You are losing me here - "...discouraged the SO to not run the packs while hooked up to ground power."

Reading this literally I think you are saying the LCA wanted guys to run the packs and external. Did you mean to say you "encouraged" guys to not run the packs while hooked up to the ground power."

I seem to remember it as the later, but its been a long time and since we had ROPEs back then, the only time I ever flew was on National Holidays. Of course I flew on every National Holiday.

Scoop
Scoop,

Great catch! You are absolutely correct. What Gus was trying to say was ------. OK, Damn, I hate working with such smart guys. Ha They always make me look bad. LOL You are probably not an FO, but I actually love to fly with brilliant FO's. They make a Captain's life so much easier. I would normally blame this on a typo, but it was more of a braino. Thanks Scoop

P.S. I had forgotten about the ROPES. As a former 727 Captain, I remember stressing out about flying with ROPES. The fact of the matter is, they actually performed excellently and I never had a problem with them. Considering many of them were former senior 727 Captains or professional engineers, I anticipated a power struggle. It never happened on my watch. They did a great job, and their system knowledge was certainly never in question. I will say though, they were almost silent for every trip. Not sure why. All for now.

Last edited by Waves; 09-03-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Remembering the ROPES