View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:09 AM
DeadHead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
I'll vote for whoever makes it their main stance to bring the age back to 60.

Every pilot who voluntarily works past 60 now is forcing the pilots who follow them to work past 60 just to get to where they would've been originally. Age 65 (or 70) is allowing a completely selfish group of pilots spend more years at the top on the backs of all the pilots below them, while they spent their entire career benefiting from the retirements of those ahead of them at 60.

Who wants to work to 70 anyways? Not me! I'd rather not die from old age in a hotel, on a layover, or in an airline cockpit.

Maybe its time for an anti-Part 121 Age 60+ pilot movement. Single these people out and most importantly, those who pushed for the change. Sometimes it is hard to decide if ALPA is a union or an enemy. And to the 60+ers: your selfishness and inability to plan for the future is not my fault and I shouldn't have to pay for it.
Not being one of those "selfish" senior guys myself, in their defense I'm sure most of them were not "planning" on having all of their retirement drained under the guise of bankruptcy protection.

I think that is the one of the main reasons it ever got raised to 65.