Thread: SWA into EWR
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 01:33 PM
OscartheGrouch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: B737/Capt

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
No, the bankruptcy laws protect a company's assets - not lobbying or lawyers.

But in all seriousness, here's the problem: FAA took the step of blocking the DAL/LCC slot swap in part due to the two companies not wanting any divestitures to go to SWA. Why would the FAA do that? As FTB has stated in his previous post, we see the kind of "relationship" that has evolved between the FAA and SWA:

Carl,

BK rules and laws protecting assets that should have been sold to pay creditors? I see, it it is okay to do that and then when you want to swap slots to create a monopoly at given airports or pick those who you will compete with that is also okay? As a former stock holder of DAL I would certainly like to get my value that was lost back after BK. As a frequent flyer with DAL, it was not pleasant to see the award miles increased to a level which also decreased my value and "investment" after BK. As an employee of a competing airline I certainly don't trust DAL/NWA to do anything ethical if they can get away with holding on to valuable slots through BK and a merger. Do I fault them for the BK laws --- No. I will certainly not trust them to do the right thing especially when they wish to hand slots to "anyone but" SWA.

The Oscar

Last edited by johnso29; 09-08-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quote