View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Check Essential
Works Every Weekend

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 737 ATL

Originally Posted by fly2002 View Post
The previous poster and myself need help on this one. I've been racking my brain for weeks now and none of the captains I fly with have an answer. I think a southie needs to chime in!!!

Thanks in advance!!

fly2002
fly-
When trying to figure out how big a category is going to be in the future it is probably best to look at the 22D reports especially if its a category where a lot of new hires are heading. The projected category list is constructed using only the names of people that are actually on the seniority list. No "John Does". That's why it can appear smaller than it will really end up. It can be misleading for the junior categories at a time when there is hiring going on.
For DTW744A the proj category list is pretty complete and accurate. For MSPM88B it obviously might not be. There's gonna be some John or Jane Does coming in on the bottom.

If you put in a percentage bid, the computer looks at your projected position in the category at the end of the conversion window for that bid. Whether and how exactly they program it to account for incoming new hires I do not know.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Check Essential; 09-16-2010 at 06:58 PM.