Thread: So I got a real job. Now I just want to fly.

SkyHigh , 09-17-2010 08:34 AM
Self Employed.
SkyHigh
Self Employed.
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2005
  • Position
    Corporate Pilot
Not all gloom and doom
Quote: Face it Sky, you gave up on your dream. If it had worked out for you, you'd be singing a different tune right now. Perhaps one day you will come to the realization that aviation is not all doom and gloom. I know it pains you to admit otherwise but i have faith that you will, one day, see the light. Keep up the good fight.
No it is not all gloom and doom, however it depends upon what you want. My guess is that aviation jobs will be easier to get in the future because most will not want to do them anymore. Therefore if what you want is merely to fly a jetliner then you are in luck however your mailman will live better.

The main issue is the overall decay of the profession at all levels. It would have been nice to have reached my goals however in time I expect to look back to realize what a blessing it was to get laid off when I did.

I did not give up on my dream. Mine always was to be a well rewarded and respected professional who was able to live a life of their own choosing and in those regards I am still on that path. If anything aviation was a hindrance to my goals. What is your dream?

Skyhigh