View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:42 AM
strfyr51
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: A320/A319/B737 Sys Acft Maint Controller

Originally Posted by HSLD View Post
I hear that all comments that don't tow the party line are removed anyway. Obviously you just need to be re-educated
Well, EXACTLY What do you think Cindy WOULD say?? Isn't she the VP in charge of UAX operations?? Take NOTE that she's ALSO remaining AFTER the merger and there's a CAL person taking over the combined Express Operations. You Didn't REALLY think they were going to stop the UAX operations becase you don't like them do you?? They ALREADY KNOW that. And they've got 10 years to GET you TO like it! Or at the least tolerate it so that you guys will allow the 130 seat airplanes that SKYW is drooling over. But rhetoric ain't gonna get it! They forced this in during an 1113 hearing in Bankruptcy!! The mainline pilots WILL be sacrificing SOMETHING to get rid of it. Many Airline Non-Pilots believe that you guys should Negotiate a pay scale that fits what they're cooking. and add your OWN "sauce" to make the contracts come under your auspices, and because that's going to bring a LOT of new pilots on board it's going to have to be a goodly amount of "Sauce" too.. This issue will be FAR thornier than the 1113 hearings of that I'm sure. BUT! If you guys want it? You can get it!
But the question IS?? What are you willing to do FOR IT??
What you do in this next Year will determine where ALPA goes for the next 30 years. ALPA is United, and United IS ALPA. Everybody else? Well..
I truly hope you guys get some "Killer instinct" and start putting some Pilot types Lawyers into the fray The ENTIRE Air transport Association is already lined up against you and what you do NOW will make Everybody well, Because if you Sneeze??
EVERY other airline in America and possibly th World (Including American's APA) Will be getting the FLU!! You guys are on the verge of Making HISTORY! Don't Mess this UP! God Bless all...