View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 10:54 AM
whtever
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
I predict Colgan will vote yes on any piece of toilet paper that comes out. Anything is an improvement for us, and far superior to what our first contract would be pre-merger. The good news is we are a relatively small group and will be subject to the consensus of Pinnacle and Mesaba.
I couldn't disagree more. The above statement is embarassing and shouldn't be the belief of anyone involved in the negotiations. This may be the feeling of the aviation inexperienced and the industry naive in which Colgan employs many.

However, now is the perfect chance to improve all three groups qol and to settle isn't an option. The "something, just for the sake of anything" attitude plays into managements style of thinking and will bring a dangerous result. We've been beat down for so long, and have continually accepted far below industry satandard- now is our time. Get upset and expect the best. You're given a golden opportunity and you choose toilet paper? Typical Colgan pilot attitude...

While I don't respect or defend Colgan management, this attitude is the reason we remain at the bottom.

Last edited by whtever; 09-18-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Spelling