View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 11:15 AM
djrogs03
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by whtever View Post
I couldn't disagree more. The above statement is embarassing and shouldn't be the belief of anyone involved in the negotiations. This may be the feeling of the aviation inexperienced and the industry naive in which Colgan employs many.

However, now is the perfect chance to improve all three groups qol and to settle isn't an option. The "something, just for the sake of anything" attitude plays into managements style of thinking and will bring a dangerous result. We've been beat down for so long, and have continually accepted far below industry satandard- now is our time. Get upset and expect the best. You're given a golden opportunity and you accept toilet paper? Typical Colgan pilot attitude...

While I don't respect or defend Colgan management, this attitude is the reason we remain at the bottom.
I agree 100% with you, alot of guys at Mesaba are worried that Colgan and 9E pilots will vote on any TA thats passed as long as it has the Mesaba contract plus some gains...I really hope thats not the case since our contract is still concessionary. I know you guys want a good contract, but don't sell out just to have something in place. One thing everyone needs to realize is we have a tremendous amount of leverage on this...