View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Airsupport
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by bored View Post
That said, it scares me to see the possibility of the 9E and 9L guys, who out number the XJ guys, vote for anything. I'm not saying that bunch of our new pilot group will sell themselves out, but let's be realistic here.

I'll have faith in the XJ MEC and negotiating committee, but the rest of the bunch has yet to prove themselves. I'll judge when the TA comes out. But until then, I remain cautious and fearful of the future. In the end, I'm more fearful of my overall quality of life at the new airline that will include training, mx, dispatch and flight ops support. We all know where Pinnacle and Colgan has historically stood on these issues and how wonderful mgmt has been towards both pilot groups.
This is the reason why LOTS of pinnacle pilots have a problem with xj pilots. This typical condescending attitude has got to stop. MESABA was bought by PINNACLE, not the other way around. I know it makes a lot of the mesaba pilots mad but that's the way it is. The mesaba ship was sinking AGAIN and pinnacle came in and made the purchase. Luckily the furloughed fo's I have had the pleasure to fly with see that and are thankfull that pinnacle hired them on when they didnt have to offer them anyrhing. I don't trust the mesaba mec any further than i could throw them. If it had been the other way around i have no doubt the mesaba pilots would be waiving the loa THEY wrote in our face and tell us we should be gratefull they are offering us a three to one deal.

You are a pinnacle pilot. Deal with it and join us or get out of the way and let those willing to get on board do.