View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:35 AM
upndsky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Bebe Bus De L'Air Assistant Aerial Conveyance Facilitator

Originally Posted by IfitsTuesday View Post
Would it be looked upon poorly in the future if I were to decline a Delta interview? It has been established in the last several months that, with the exception of legacies, Comair pilots WILL NOT be hired at Delta. However, the HR people at Delta seem unaware of that and continue to call them in for interviews. With a once in a lifetime shot at interview, I would hate to squander it while the outcome would be a foregone conclusion.
I'm not sure what you're asking? Do you mean bypassing a Delta interview while you're still at CMR with the hopes of getting another shot later when you're at a different company?

You're making a boatload of assumptions, the big one that CMR pilots will not get hired at Delta. FYI, in my 2008 new hire class, we had 2 CMR pilots. There are other CMR pilots who have been hired here.

Trust me, if you get a call for an interview, you have just as good a shot at getting hired as the next person, whether you're CMR or not. Just park the "They don't like me because I'm CMR" attitude at the door. Otherwise, that's the quickest way NOT to get hired here.

As far as turning down an interview offer, you'd better have a really, really good reason. If they sense a lack of hesitation or interest, I'll bet your future chances are over.

BTW, are they still calling people for interviews?