Thread: Delta Bases
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Express pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Agree with Sailing here. Have commuted to reserve for the past 2 1/2 years because I can't move the family just yet and until the company finally gets the planes in the 'right' locations there is too much uncertainty to move. I've had three bases in three years and only one was by choice (could be another base in my future if the AE goes against me).

However, remember this if the family is happy and has a support system in place we pilot types can survive for a little while as commuters. If you move them to make your life happy, you may find out all types of things about unintended consequences!
Agree and disagree with Sailing,
I've been commuting to reserve MSP88B, sometimes resv is not bad. May worked 4 days and that includes Short Calls, June 4 days, July I felt like flying and choose a line, Aug went back to resv for 6 days of work, and I have worked 5 days in Sept.
As a new-hire I was in ATL88 and resv did not go so well. I worked everyday I was on resv. So it can go both ways. Things can change but resv in MSP 88 is not bad right now.