View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Superdad
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 7ERB, no M88, no 7ER, no A320, NEXT!

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Scoop,
I have answered what the harm was. It is about unintended consequences going forward in our Global Industry.

There is always a possibility of unintended consequences. However, if the majority of pilots feel that they are not being represented adequately by ALPA then the fear of an unintended consequence is not a good reason to keep them around.

The simple fact that so many are so quick to jump on this bandwagon, even without a clear direction given by DPA, should tell you something about the level of discontent amongst some DAL pilots. Hopefully this movement will light a fire under ALPA's ass since showing up at LEC meetings or voicing our concerns in other ways, seems to gain us nothing more than a few "tabled" resolutions.

In this day and age of instantaneous electronic information there is no reason why every DAL pilot cannot be involved in nearly every policy decision. Personally, I would vote for the guy who runs on no platform at all. I simply want my candidate to stand up and say "I will ask you your opinion on an issue and then vote according to what the majority of pilots want." I realize that may be an oversimplification, but I believe that would be something we could all live with, majority rules.