View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 AM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by JABDIP View Post
Sorry for the insult, but if my recollection of thigs is right almost on every issue we have voted on the Union Boys sell it to us and tell us that if we don't pass this then we will end up with alot worse situation. THink back and what were you told by reps when it came time to vote on something. Don't get me wrong, there are some really good guys out there that do work for the pilots but overall most of the reps turn into ALPA national servants after the trip to Herndan.
It's ok. I know how heated these issues can become.

I remember what the reps told us to do with our votes and I remember I voted no anyway.

I remember the few reps who did warn of how bad the contracts were, were eventually voted out or left because they were considered to be
too radical.

I still will try to figure out (apparently on my own) how a DPA run by the same people "we" seem to like to vote in is any different than ALPA.

I still will try to figure out (apparently on my own) how CAL/UAL are managing to try to eradicate RJ flying is being done under ALPA while we did not, is National ALPA's fault, and not our own.

Either way, with DPA or ALPA, this should serve as a reminder that we have to have some "fortitude" when we decide who our representatives are. When RM and KW get bashed for being too confrontational, then we turn around and say that ALPA is the problem because they are too weak, to me there is some sort of disconnect.

Like I said, I want to win. But, what if CAL/UAL win with ALPA? What does that say about us? Why didn't we do that? Why aren't we doing that? To me it says the problem was us and I have no problem taking the blame as "us." Because, ALPA national can be as rotten as they want to be, a lot of the problems we have were voted on buy "us."

I'm listening and open to any answer provided. I'm just not hearing a lot, right now.