Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Kenny Powers
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Employed

Originally Posted by Fly Boy Knight View Post
When I first applied in April of 2005, I got the brush off after talking to lady who was in charge of hiring prior to S.H. After about 3 months went by, I saw a posting for them again on Climb-to-350 and I reapplied and made sure that they knew about my previous app because my times had not changed that much at all.

After doing a phone interview this time with S.H., she offered me an interview on the spot in PHX on July 15 2009, went, hired, and here I am!

Sometimes (more like all the time) with this company, you need to politely assert yourself!
Oh I know how it works over there...the "squeaky wheel gets the grease", which is how I was with them. But getting this email after we had scheduled an interview seems to close the deal for me:

"I am sorry to inform you that Ameriflight will not be able to go forward with your interview process. While I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics of your interview cancellation, I will say that it was indeed a pleasure speaking to you on Sept. 9.
*$##$, I wish you all the luck in the world and I know your flying career with soar to unexpected heights."